Opportunities At Newburgh:
At Newburgh, we believe our people are the company's greatest asset. And we are constantly on the look-out for new staff to help the company move forward.
Through our on-going involvement in Investors in People and a continuing commitment to the training of apprentices, Newburgh has developed an unrivalled team with the experience and motivation to succeed in an ever-changing environment.
The opportunities are many and various, all of which offer personal growth and constant support to allow you to become whatever you want to be.
Industrial Project Engineer/Production Planner - Rotherham, close to Magna/M1 J34Posted:
We are pleased to release the following opportunity to join our valued team:
Industrial Project Engineer/Production Planner
based Rotherham (S60 1FB, close to M1 J34)
Newburgh Engineering is the UK’s premier manufacturer of high specification component parts and assemblies, supplying across the Nuclear, Aerospace, Defence, PowerGen and Oil & Gas industries.
A family-owned company established for 75 years, Newburgh hold a high level of manufacturing expertise, combined with 2 exceptional production facilities located in Bradwell (Hope Valley) and Rotherham (South Yorkshire). We continue to work in close partnerships with our customers to ensure that our bespoke products are delivered to specification through dedicated manufacturing cells and partnerships, and are proud to have been awarded ‘Excellence in Manufacturing’ and ‘Apprentice of the Year’ during 2013.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
• As an Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring component parts are manufactured using efficient and productive processes
• Preparation of process routings
• Preparation of Bills of Materials and Coordinating MRP purchase requests through the company buyer
• Process Planning for all internal manufacturing processes and projection of labour hours and targets by key processes
• Working with Production Control Team providing expert technical & engineering support
• Liaising directly with customers and sub contractors where necessary on a technical basis
• Preparation of in-process quality control documents in liaison with the QA Department
• Is expected to promote flexible attitudes and the principles of continuous improvement at all times
• Selection & purchasing of tooling and workshop equipment where necessary
• Support existing manufacturing activities to ensure compliance with drawing and specification requirements
• Review and modify existing processes in a controlled and methodical manner
• Advising on new equipment and tooling to increase production and efficiency
• Use data from existing processes to determine the actions required for improvement
• Design of fixtures and tooling necessary for the manufacture of new and existing products
• Ability to communicate professionally at all levels
• Must be capable of working using own initiative
• Organised and disciplined with excellent team working and communication skills
Experience / Knowledge
• Previous experience in contract / project management and production planning with an attention to detail
• Worked in manufacturing, engineering and precision machining environment
• Working knowledge of Turning, boring and milling machining practices
• Excellent IT skills
• Knowledge of ERP / MRP systems ideal, but not essential as training will be given
• Apprentice trained in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
• HNC / HND in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering are preferable
• dependent on experience
• Benefits include generous holiday entitlement, optional childcare vouchers and medical health scheme
Strictly no recruitment agencies, thanks
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Application Form
Any unsolicited emails advertising job vacancies at our company are likely to be fraudulent. It has been brought to our attention that there have been a couple of instances of dishonest individuals trying to extort money from unsuspecting citizens overseas.
The emails are not coming from a designated Newburgh email address. Please check any contact details you are given against those on our website.
If you receive any email correspondence claiming to offer jobs at Newburgh Engineering and you feel it is false, send us an email via the contact form on our site, AND report the incident to Action Fraud:
- 0300 1232040 (in the UK)
+44 (0)161 234 9230 (overseas)
Action Fraud also has an online fraud reporting tool which is available in many languages.